Trauma Information Group
Time & Location
About the Event
This group is open to female-identified adult survivors of interpersonal trauma (e.g., emotional/physical abuse or neglect, sexual abuse/violence). Group members are required to be in individual therapy at least twice a month during the group and must be willing to sign a release between individual and group therapists.
Major Goals of this Group:
- Increased understanding of the impact of trauma
- Decreased sense of isolation
- Reduced sense of shame
- Increased self-compassion
- Increased ability to regulate trauma-related affect
- Enhanced coping skills
- Increased capacity for safe relationships
- Increased feelings of empowerment
Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30pm (runs February 18 - April 28, no session March 17)
$50/session (UI student insurance and BCBS PPO accepted)
For more information or to schedule an initial phone screening, please contact Jessica Culp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217)778-4134 ext. 3.